Saturday, October 30, 2010

Hard Rock Hotel Pinktober : Breast Cancer Awareness Celebration

Notice how my new blogsite design template is so matching for this post :)
 

About four months back, I was approached - via my company Nupts & Such by Hardrock Hotel Penang to help them think of suitable ideas for their month-long Pinktober campaign for raising breast cancer awareness. As always, I believe in supporting good causes - in particular those that I actually believe in - cancer / AIDS awareness, poverty, women & children support / sustainability, etc.

Anyway, I did put together a proposal and was mighty pleased with the ideas that I had for the Pinktober celebrations at HRH Penang. And I was even more pleased when HRH came back equally as enthusiastic about my ideas and very soon, it was on towards the implementation.

My partners-in-crime - Cindy & Carolyn implemented the ideas in my absence and they themselves, always supportive of non-profitable causes had a blast working on this project together with Elisa Saw - the MARCOMS Manager at HRH Penang and a host of other kind-soulled vendors who volunteered their time and services for this project as well.

I missed the opening - but I received many text messages updating me on the progress of the event on that day. One particular one was when Cindy told me "The Pink Duckies are selling like hot cakes!" - and I got off my seat and did a jiggy :) I love it when clients dare to dream the same dreams as I and I love it even more when the idea works way above expectations.

I will sadly also be missing the closing - this coming 14th November 2010 and I know we've got some pretty awesome line-up of activities planned for the closing. So for those of you who may have the time - do drop by and show your support to a good cause.

My sense of fulfilment from this project goes to show that sometimes, it really isn't all about the money when we work on something. It really is about just being happy that the project took off and you've helped in a tiny way to make some sort of difference in this world.

The video of the Pinktober opening - click here (voluntary service by Andy Wang Cinematography) will show you how everyone was on the same page with the laughter and the fun that they had. For this - I thank you all from the bottom of my heart, on behalf of HRH Penang and the breast cancer charities - for making it happen.

Here's a big thumbs up to all involved and looking forward to a blast at the closing of Pinktober!

** photos & videos by Andy Wang
Clockwise From Top Left :  Rocking it with band High Society, Models with the Pink Rubber Duckies and Mdm Mui Siew Koon from the National Cancer Society giving her speech