Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Bali Travels : Part 4 – Our Honeymoon Begins... With Kris & Debs In Tow

11th October 2010

We woke up for breakfast after last night’s celebration feeling a little groggy and all. MOH & myself checked out of Villa Diana and checked-in to Tanaya on Legian – this being our 4th different hotel in a span of 5 days! Tanaya was a really chic boutique hotel but no frills and no fuss since we would be out all day exploring Bali.

We met up with the gang (Kris, Debs & Cindy) for lunch at Seminyak Square and had lunch at Braga – also one of our favourite F&B outlets that served Nasi Goreng Gila – this should explain why MOH wanted to come back here! After lunch, Kris & Debs headed off for their spa session at Sicilia Spa whereas, MOH & I headed over to Bodyworks in Seminyak – where we had our pre-wedding spa session last year. We requested for the same treatment (in MOH’s words when he booked – “the one with everything, the yoghurt and the bath and everything.”). Ok, for Bodyworks, maybe because I was being biased, I enjoyed the session here more so because there's fond memories for me. But the place looks great, smells great – and of course, you paid a lot for it too.

After our spa session, we were supposed to meet the newly-weds together with Kris & Aunty Debra for tea but they were late – by an HOUR!! Well, MOH & I went around exploring Seminyak and checking out all the villas there – in the plan for re-visiting next coming year. At 6pm, we met up at The Junction and ok, I was a little annoyed that the bride was still sulky – OMG! What happened to happily married?? But as Debs always say “Let her la”…… If all the “zen-ing” from the day before did not work, then, I’m lost as to what would. I was hoping the honeymoon – with all the “rabbit-action” would cheer her up!

After tea, the bride & groom bade their farewells and Kris, Debs and I walked over to Café Bali for dinner. Aunty Debs bought dinner for us and we had an excellent meal in an excellent environment with excellent company.

After dinner, we bade farewell to Kris & Debra as they will depart Bali the next day. MOH & I continued with our exploration of Kuta / Legian at night and I wondered if we were being a tad old when we steered clear of all the pubs / discos and outlets that were playing music that would surely tear your ear drums!

12th October 2010

We had our breakfast at Tanaya before heading out for the beach and hours and hours of shopping. When we got to the Memorial Monument – there was a bit of a crowd and police and media gathered there – and I realized that it was on this exact day in 2002 that the bombings happened. I have to write of this hilarious moment earlier in the trip when Kris, Debra, MOH and I got into the Murano Spa transport and Kris asked to be taken to the Memorial Monument. The driver replied “Oh, at the moment bomb” – and you should see Kris’ face – he turned green – but we were all shocked too for a couple of seconds and then we realized that it was an “England” problem :P

Anyway, we spent a whole day shopping and eating – at long last, I got to eat my bakso by the beach which was really yummy and we did a “walk-through” of the route we took when we had our wedding portraits done – we even found the graffiti wall and a stranger helped take a photo of us! He was amused that we had taken wedding portraits in front of the wall!

We also spent some time on the beach and I went into the waves again. A little boring this time around as only me alone, seeing that MOH had to safeguard our belongings :P We walked around some more and finally settled for lunch at Warung Made’s. After lunch, MOH wanted a massage – again! I accompanied him but I opted for the 45min session instead of the 90min session. Guess what? I got a male masseuse! OMG factor! I was naked except for my panties and the tiny sarong covering my body! Debra would surely pengsan if this happened to her!! Anyway, after I finished, I set MOH a rather difficult task. I told him I would be on the Kuta Beach watching the sunset and he would come and look for me. He said “How do I look for you? There’s so many people!” – and I told him “I have faith that you will find me.”

When I got to Kuta Beach, it was absolutely crowded – the locals and tourists alike parked themselves for a brilliant sunset view – as if they were all waiting for a concert to start. Unfortunately, it was cloudy and there was no sunset. I walked around and waited for MOH. Would he be able to find me? It was getting very dark and I was losing hope. His mobile phone was not working either. Perhaps, this was not such a good idea after all! And just then, we spotted each other, at the beach area in front of the HardRock Hotel surfboard. Serendipity :P

We walked back to Tanaya and showered before heading out to Seminyak for dinner. However, when we got to Seminyak, none of the outlets struck my fancy so we went to the Double Six Beach instead and ended up at this place called The Flying Fish. MOH had the Lobster Nasi Goreng while I had the Seafood Bouillabaisse (no mee goreng on the menu!). After a nice and quiet dinner by the sea, we walked along Jalan Double Six and did a final walk-through of Kuta / Legian. We both decided that for our next trip, we would avoid Kuta and Legian as it was just too congested these days. Maybe a day trip here for shopping but definitely nothing more than that!

2 comments:

ricsee said...

Yes it wasn't a good idea! for us to meet on the beach of thousands of people + my mobile is dead! At the end we found eachother= faith? :)
Yes next trip- a day trip to legian/kuta will do...

dolphintales said...

we ended up with each other after all those years in college and uni and at work, didn't we?