Friday, November 5, 2010

Dark Hours Part 1

I once exclaimed "The world is under my feet!" and a wise retort came back : "Just don't let it get on your shoulders."

Sometimes, I don't want to keep it so together.
I think it's great that the world is under my feet.
Shouldn't it be ok too when the world is on my shoulders?

Sometimes, I don't want to be responsible.
I think it's great that I can lead.
Shouldn't it be ok too when I just follow?

Sometimes, I don't want to wake up.
I think it's great that I'm even awake.
Shouldn't it be ok too if I want to hide under the covers?

Sometimes, I don't want to be diplomatic.
I think it's great that we agree.
Shouldn't it be ok too if I told you that you were a scumbag from the stenched-womb of the earth?

Sometimes, I don't want to think about money.
I think it's great if I have some.
Shouldn't it be ok too if I had only bread and water?

Sometimes, I don't want to be on your side.
I think it's great if I see your point.
Shouldn't it be ok too if I went against you?

Sometimes, I don't want to make the effort.
I think it's great when I work on it.
Shouldn't it be ok too if you worked on it instead?

Sometimes, I don't want to be bubbling.
I think it's great when I am energized.
Shouldn't it be ok too if I'm zapped?

Sometimes, I don't want to be the best.
I think it's great if I am somewhere there.
Shouldn't it be ok too if I were last?

Sometimes, I wish to hurl profanities at you.
Sometimes, I wish to tell you to screw yourself silly and have a post-coital cigarette.
Sometimes, I wish to just say "Sod It!"
Sometimes, I wish to shut down, mentally, physically and emotionally.

But instead, I curse at the ears of the walls.
But instead, I smile and tell you it's ok.
But instead, I say "It will all be better."
But instead, I make myself carry on because I have to keep it together.

The dolphin leaps into the air, and does a triple sommersault.
The show must go on, eh? She winks.

*copylefted photo by Stephan Uhlmann

No comments: