Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Our 11th Year... Amidst A Global Pandemic

2008 vs 2020

 And the year just flew by as usual. I was actually trying to recall if I actually wrote a blog every year for our wedding anniversary and I even managed to convince myself that I didn’t. I wrote one for my work anniversary. Then I checked my cobweb-filled blog (to be honest, 2020 hasn’t been such a cobwebby year for my blog!) and found that I actually DO write an anniversary post every year! So here it is then. 

The time did fly by for us as a couple too and from our 10
th year to the 11th year… what changed? Nothing much really. We’ve both got new roles / jobs for work. And oh, have I not already mentioned we’re in the middle of a historical pandemic? We’ve been cut-off from seeing our families but the consolation and blessing here is that we have each other to rely on. 

As the world is going crazy around us, so too has the workload and we have come to an even deeper understanding that our time off from the world is pretty sacred. The weekends are like our “cave time”. We try our utmost best to understand each other and live with each other. I guess the one thing that is most important for us is we want peace and peace of mind. Our “cave” is to be filled only with laughter. Oh, yes, and love. Lots of love. On days where it is annoyingly boring, we annoy each other. We've just grown to annoy each other as much as possible. Me more than him 
😈 😈 😈 

There is this uniquely synchronized understanding that we have, I believe. We seldom talk to “iron” things out cos there doesn’t seem to be anything to iron out (except his own clothes LMAO!!) It’s like a very seamless and effortless understanding, an almost automatic characteristic to our relationship. Are we THAT boring? LOL. 

I have been grieving for the longest time and still is, for my beloved Ah Por. My husband, a man of few words, (because he doesn’t know the right words to say and would prefer not to say it for fear of repercussions LOL), just understands me, and my “strange behaviours” and he gives me my space and takes care of me in his own ways. It may not be about tenderness or sweetness, but it’s just his way of taking care of me. I wrote about this just last week - there was one time, he accidentally triggered open the floodgates while we were right in the middle of grocery shopping. He said my poor Stinky is torn and if it doesn’t get fixed, would need to be thrown out soon. I think that’s when he realized Stinky was an absolutely sensitive subject and not to be made fun of because Ah Por made Stinky for me! The very next day, he sewed Stinky up for me and even wrapped him with additional layers to keep him protected. That’s what I meant by it’s not about the sweet-nothings. It’s doing things that matters. 

I’ve been packing a TLC lunch pack for him to take to work every day too ever since the pandemic started. I get up earlier than usual to get this prepped up and ready to go. I wonder if I will finally get my “Wife Of The Year” Award soon.
😏 😏 😏 Well, the honest truth is, I don’t mind doing it. I don’t exactly enjoy it (you know me, #HousewifeFail ) but I don’t mind it. And he doesn’t say it – but I know he appreciates it. Anyway, if he complains, I’d stuff it all up his ass 🤣 🤣 🤣 In general, I guess, we always choose a path where we aren’t fighting with each other. At times like these, why fight with each other? We should be uniting so that we can combat it all. I guess that it also why we have an automatic understanding - it makes no sense to fight each other. It makes more sense to stand united to fight the battles that we each go through daily, be it at work or personally. 


A friend of mine recently sent us a photo of us doing the Shape Run back in 2008. This was before we even got married. I guess fit then, fit now
😊😊😊I’m putting the pix with us side-by side to look at our difference after 12 years. I’d like to think we look as young as we were before. But our mentalities and especially our bodies sometimes sure as hell don’t feel it. The term “grow old with you” comes to my mind. In terms of mentality, I guess, there is a certain maturity to where we are right now as well. Like I said - we don't sweat the small stuff. We don't nag, we don't complain endlessly. 


I really do think we are a pretty boring couple. Honestly. We do our fit training, we work, we clean the house, we spend quiet time in our cave and that’s about it. On weekends, we do the usual grocery shopping and food stops and then we climb back into our cave. At home, we have our sanctuary time, we don’t even need to talk to each other. We have a once-a-week unload session on Friday date nights where we just bitch about stuff. Other than that, we just do our thing. I cook, he washes. I sweep, he mops. I spank his tushie, he tries to remove my pants. LOLOL! No need to talk. LOL!! The DBW told me in my recent lunch with her : “You and Richard are really a perfect match!” I guess, in a way, I’m glad we are. Can you imagine I want to stay home and he wants to party all the time? It’ll be a nightmare! LOLOL!!! 

These are up on my FB and IG already but I’d like to post these on my blog too, to commemorate our 11
th year together. A long time agency friend of mine kindly drew these out for me as a gift. Well, I owe Lam Chop a longyi. I have been an avid follower of his comics and very thankful that he had agreed to help do this. (His other comics can be found here!!) 



 
 
   
   
  

So, I asked for these comics done for this year's anniversary cos they hilariously sum up, well, at least on my part, how I see our relationship, from my eyes and my point-of-view. Maybe MOH could share his POV soon? Since we do have a 3rd September (Civil Registration), 5th September (Kampung Wedding) and 12th September (KL Wedding) more to 
celebrate 😊😊😊 Every year, we have the same conversation - where are all my presents? Should be 5 in total, including my birthday and he would say it's all-in-one-present. And that present is him. Then he gets a slap and I would threaten to lock him out of the house. Every year. Told you we are super boring people. LOL! 

To my best friend, my soulmate, my training partner, my partner-in-farts...... cheers to 11 years of marriage (and 12 years legal!!!) and I'm just blessed and thankful that we have #MeAndYouJustUsTwo
😍😍😍

No comments: