Thursday, November 19, 2009

Skype Virgins Part 2

This blogpost is a little delayed. It is a continuation from my blogpost Skype Virgins – this time, we actually managed to Skype. Well, actually, it was only Jules, Lambs and myself (Terence the remaining alcoholic amongst all the ex-AAers was drunk by noon). Jules – the one without the Skype account went over to Lamb’s (fu55yboy - hahahahahaha!) place for the Skype party. The party was set for 5pm, Malaysian time on one weekend, not too long ago.

...... I waited. FOR AN HOUR before I got a message from Lambs to log-on to Skype. And thus, began our Skype Party. It was all a little weird for me, and I expect – for Jules and Lambs too. But after the initial awkwardness (c’mon, we haven’t met physically for the past 8 or 9 years!!) it was quite fun, actually. I guess more so for me as I was bored and alone at home while MOH had gone gallivanting back to KL. (On that note – Lambs & Jules – thanks for keeping me company!)

I was actually pretty impressed with Skype actually. There was no delay in the.... relay. We actually skyped for 3 hours! Crazy. So what was it that we did for that 3 hours? Let’s see if I remember our Skype party.....

I caught up with Jules while Lamb was cooking..... a roast chicken and sautéed mushroom of some sort.... (ok, when it comes to food, Skype really has its limitations!). The roast chicken looked pretty damn good, and I don’t know what was the excitement all about, but Jules spilled the bowl of sautéed mushroom and that was the end of the mushrooms. Me? I was just looking on and salivating.

They ate and we continued chatting. After dinner, Lamb entertained us on his Guitar Heroes. This was pretty good. He even had all the mannerisms and facial expression to go with the 'rock star stature'. After 2 or 3 songs, he stopped, apparently, shy. And guess what? Lamb then had the brilliant idea of turning the computer screen over to face his TV so that I could watch ASTRO!!! That was downright hilarious, I tell you! TV screen – surprisingly clear. Sound was so-so, but better than nothing! For some seemingly uncool reasons – my friend subscribes to Astro on Demand – so he gets to watch all the latest TVB series. I wanted to watch my favourite Asian Food Channel but nothing spectacular was playing at that moment. But whatever it was, we ACTUALLY sat watching TV together! Just that, I was on Skype!

Then, I went for a tour of Lamb’s house...... since I’ve never “been” there.... and then, I took them both on a tour of my apartment (right at the start of the tour, we lost sound – so I had to hold the laptop on one hand and type with one hand while walking them through the apartment! Again – one for the Skype Virgin handbook). After that, I had my dinner (instant noodles and lots of chilli) and while I was having my dinner, we went through Lamb’s DVD collection (I tell you – anyone who wants to make a quick buck – just report him to the authorities. This guy .... has some serious stock!).

All in all, it was not a bad night. Ok – it was not something we did in which we want to shout to the whole world and say it’s so cool, because it ain’t. But at least we did it. And now, I can really say “Skype me in” and make it sound cool because I am no longer a virgin at it (I’ll have to figure out that loss of sound problem one of these days :P).

Say guys, when is the next Skype party? Better get it under way before we lose the Laos connection.
Lamb's DVDs!!!
Watching Astro's AFC

No comments: